Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hello again...and a little about bedding


Guess what, guys?  I made a new year's resolution...TO BLOG.  It's already the 16th...I think...I actually have no idea what day of the week it is.  I have a baby and I'm blaming her.  She is adorable and sweet, an angel among babies, and she makes me forget about basically everything else in life.  But, the real reason why I haven't been blogging is because whenever I get inspired by Interior Designs, it is usually by something glamorous, something expensive, and something that obviously isn't happening in my house.  I want this blog to be about realistic interiors, about places where people live...maybe even with children!  A beautiful home and a used home - that is what I strive to have and that is how I like it.  So, here is to a new year, with high hopes of giving you some hot tips on how to make your home lovely and livable.

To kick things off, I wanted to give you a few tips about making your beds comfortable.  You can actually have a pretty comfy place to sleep without having to purchase a ridiculously expensive mattress.  As long as your springs are all in tact, you can probably use whatever you have.  If you really love your mattress, get a mattress cover.  Or, if you have kids who might climb in bed with you and pee everywhere (it happens!), get a plastic mattress cover.  You can find them at most household supply stores, like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

The next step (or the first step if you don't care about your mattress too much) is to get a mattress pad.  These are different than mattress covers.  Google it.  You will see.  Get one that properly fits the bed and that doesn't have tissue paper for sides.  You can find them with different types of padding, so if you like a cushy bed, get the one that has a nice padding to it.  Don't be fooled by the thread count.  You won't be able to tell if your mattress pad has a high thread count once the sheets are on it.  Do get something that will fit in your washing machine and that is machine washable.  You'll want to launder these things pretty regularly.  I have this one and I absolutely love it.

Okay, more posts about bedding later.  First layer is done.  Here is a picture of my cute, cute new baby just because she is cute.




2 comments:

Ashley Antkowiak said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I might again someday, but for now I'll be happy to read yours :) We love our bed, and my favorite thing is making Emma's bed as comfy as possible!

Anonymous said...

Oh hooray you're blogging again! You were missed! :)