Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Living room

Here are some befores and durings...I won't say afters because I'm not nearly finished. But things are looking a little better. Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was getting dark when I took the pictures.

Before...


During...

Before...
During...


As you can see, we painted alot. The ceiling beams and trim is all SW Pure White, the walls are SW Believable Bluff, and the ceiling is SW Tidewater. At first we had talked about tearing down the ceiling beams, but after they went white and I painted the Tidewater between them, they became one of my favorite features of the room. We also painted the paneling. If you have a paneled wall, see if you can take off the paneling. We couldn't because those two closets are actually framed in by the panels. So, until we remodel the room, we had to leave the paneling walls. I painted them a bright white, which makes a huge different and adds a nautical feel to the room. They already have such a different texture from the rest of the room, that I felt they called for a different color too. If you paint paneling, make sure you get a good couple coats of primer on there first. I'm just going to say, it wasn't a quick project.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice, Lindsay and Jon! I'm sure glad you didn't take out the beams; they are unique and add a nice dimensions you don't find in most houses.

Jen said...

That looks amazing!!! You did a great job:) Congrats.

Grace said...

love.

kiperline said...

Do you know where to buy best furniture ? I want to buy hanging
chair indoor
, triangle coffee table,
2 seat sofa or
3 seat sofa. Want high quality and low price,
and classic design.