Monday, May 13, 2013

Reader Question: where do you find table linens?



The most popular reader question I have received lately is where are you moving?!  

I'm going with another question for now: where do you get all your pretty tablecloths?

The truth is that I just keep my eyes open at every store.  You never know, you just might find something amazing at Safeway if you are looking.  I also do a lot of antique shopping and I love to peruse garage sales.  The older the house, the better linens you will find.  If you are on a tight budget (aren't we all?!), then I would definitely recommend just checking here and there to see what you can find.  But it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with beautiful linens so you know what to look for.  Here are some of my favorite designers for colorful table linens:

April Cornell is amazing - a little pricey, but if you are looking for good quality and beautiful colors she has it.

Cath Kidston I know I have mentioned her before, but she is a really great designer.  She has beautiful tablecloths, as well as pretty fabric that you can use to make your own.

Danica Imports is a wholesaler to keep your eyes open for.  They do have a list of sellers on their webpage.

If you want to make your own table linens, you can find some fun fabric at Heather Bailey or Amy Butler.  Etsy has some already made tablecloths from Amy Butler fabric.

Another brand to keep on your list is Xochi.  I believe the local Moscow TriState and the Coop sell Xochi brand.

And, of course, if you have kids, check out Oilcloth.  They come in beautiful, fun colors that you can wipe off and you never have to iron!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One source that I most frequently use is eBay! I have purchased vintage kitchen and table linens, quilts, bedding and lace for a usualy a few dollars. I love having something handmade and often, one-of-a-kind. :-)

thebeloved said...

Oooh! Thanks for the inspiration!