Monday, December 13, 2010

Childproofing


Sorry for the long absence! Really, I am. I've been pushing to finish design school and working on a complete redesign of our own living spaces (more on that later, hopefully). I've been pouring through magazines and scribbling on post-its like a crazy person. You should see it - I just sketched a door design on the back of my grocery list. It is cool, but you can't really tell from the drawing. In the meantime, I've come to a point in my life where child-proofing and beauty are at odds with eachother. And what do you think I have found? Forget hanging those amazing drum shade pendants over the kitchen islands! I am using them for lamps in the living room. That's right. Lamps that hang from the ceiling, completely out of a child's reach! Plus these are plug-ins, so you can use them in your rental, or if you are like me, you can skip hiring the electrician and just buy some hooks.

Design your own shade here.



No comments: