Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why you cannot be afraid of paint.



There have been many, many moments in my life when I have used the phrase "Oh, just paint it!" only to be met by horrified looks. "Paint it?! But it's wood!" Well, there is wood and there is wood. Some wood should stay just how it is, looking like a tree. And some "wood" needs a slap or two of paint.

I adore paint. It comes in any color you want. It can make an old or cheap piece of furniture look new. It is the easiest way to completely transform the look of a room.

And if this doesn't convince you, I don't know what will:

Before:


After:


2 comments:

Diane said...

That is astonishing!! And lovely.

Ashley Antkowiak said...

Oh man I love YHL... I wish I had better photos of our Moscow basement reno! We painted over all that awful wood paneling - what an improvement.